Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Power cords are optional in the functionality of a computer.

Phone rings. You answer.
"My computer won't come on" they say.
"Have you checked the power cord" you ask.
"Yes, I have checked everything and it just will not come on" they reply.
"Do you see any lights on or any sounds coming from the computer at all?" you query.
"No, nothing. I keep hitting the button and nothing happens." the respond, a little annoyed.
You let out a long sigh. "Ok. I will be there shortly." You say with dread in your heart.
You arrive on site and inspect the situation to find...
The power cord is loose or disconnected.

This scenario plays out over and over and over, but never seems to end. It is just as bad as people not being able to follow simple troubleshooting instructions. For an example of this I submit a scene from one of my favorite shows, The IT Crowd.




The IT Crowd is currently available on Netflix streaming and through the iTunes store.

No comments:

Post a Comment